Thursday, January 30, 2014

They were got at -

-before I could photograph them, but here's what's left of the strawberries from yesterday. I have taken the net off, and found that because it made weeding impossible (well, not weeding so much as forget-me-notting) there is a little powdery mildew happening. So I'm going to give the strawberries and the berries on the line weak milk sprays as per Gardening Australia's advice and see how we go.

Yesterday was very warm (38 degrees, said the local weather person, but I don't quite believe that) and there is more heat expected before next week, so I'm putting off planting up the cleared beds till then. But I have seeds arriving today - yayy! - and I need to make some kind of plan to number the beds and use them more efficiently now that I know what's what.

Also took out the comfrey yesterday, because I have it everywhere in pots now. That soil should be well and truly conditioned, so I need to think what to put in there, in its place.

Also, write.

No comments:

Post a Comment