Saturday, February 1, 2014

Tomatoes Cunningham

Taking a leaf from Bruce's notebook, I used yesterday's heatwave to sun-dry some of the mixed tomatoes that threaten to take over the kitchen.









Don't they look pretty? They're in oil spiced with Carmargue salt, home-grown garlic and herbs. They won't last more than a couple of days - we'll eat them after work, on the front veranda with a glass of chilled wine, Paul's good sourdough bread, and a few salted radishes on the side.

I love this place.

Sowed some bull's blood beetroots, long red radish, watermelon radish and pulled up the bush beans - the next lot - in the western bed - are full flower now, and I wanted to give the squash more room.

I'm thinking I'll plant the tomato bed under garlic, when the tomatoes are done. But the soil really needs some work. Might send the chickens in.

No comments:

Post a Comment