Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Back again.

New plan - this can be my warm-up writing. I'll take photos during the day and post them when I blog - it's just about discipline.  *sigh*

5:59am - and the day is just breaking. It was quiet and quite dark when I got up at 4:30, but just as the dawn started, a little shower of rain came over. It's been weirdly cold here for the last couple of days. Odd things are happening to the garden. The zucchini is out and full of blossom, but the fruit is torring which could be too much deep sudden rain, or could be calcium deficiency in the soil. I'm going to grind up eggshells and add that - see how it goes.

I love this moment - when the light rises, and the birds go into musical frenzy. Even a grey rainy morning like this is glorious!


The temperature is 17 degrees (prediction of 22 degrees at 3:00pm), with rain expected.

6:30 am - and the rain is here! Heavy - and lots more to come by the look of it. There will be no bike-rides today.

Oh - and I just found this photo in my camera: a gift for the cubby house, from Shak and Dave.

Perfect!





No comments:

Post a Comment