Saturday, October 26, 2013

Food

We're currently (really - right now as I speak)  eating Jonathon's kipfler potatoes, my massey peas cooked in butter and Jonathon's green garlic with a little of the McKeith rosemary and salt that we bought in the Carmargue. A side of kale salad and radishes. Not too bad.

The pea thing is huge at the moment - I have the ones we're harvesting and two more plantings to follow. I probably planted too much chard, just enough spinach and there can always be more radishes.

The cauliflowers are just forming heads, also the broccoli. I transplanted the brandy wine and jaune flamee which are looking very healthy.  The weather is totally stupid. 37 degrees one day, 18 the next. There's no need to factor it into the planning - just plant everything all the time would be my advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment